Wednesday 14 October 2015

Drink Me In, Sweeter Than Breaths... (Childhood stimulus)

Waves sleep in tepid murmurs,
planting a kiss of inconsequence on the shore.
With meek, spindly limbs I hobble
to the vast pool; ebb-tides gracefully claw,
idly gurgling their call to me. The sand straps
jesses onto my chubby calves

but still I go

tepid water grins, I grin back with innocent whims
through brumous skies.
See me bumble further into the spume; into
sultry,
serpentine
treacle.

But
the waves grow taller
behemoth
beasts squawking, intertwining with
the oozing sun -

Oxygen forgotten and salted reminders,
liquid as thin as air
yet no air is there.
My breaths dance into new, accipitrine
forms; shrieking and screaming in their
mini-revolution.

When my thoughts drip into nothing but
puddles
                     - arms find me -
Tug.
Iron-weights around my chest. Air scampers
down
my
scarred
throat.

Breath again
and life remains, with
my pudgy moon-pie cheeks
and half-lunar grin. Give
me reasons, please – So sad to say that the breadth of one day
saw my innards dissolve.
When I realised
the water


was sweeter than the shore

No comments:

Post a Comment